Dechox program

Home again. What a supercharged and dreamy market that was! I am so so so tired. All for good reasons. Let's run down a few....

Chocolate lollipop is selling like ...chocolate * My Schoolhouse class was a packed 15 minutes of babbling fun (I was the one babbling everyone else was perfect)* I made fast friends handing out these * Westminster's adoption process of Free Spirit Fabric is now complete and we couldn't be in a happier home since the buy * Having days to chat on and off about work and life with the likes of Amy and David, Denise, Robyn, Valori, Joel, Tina, Kaffe, Jennifer, Erin, Tanya...and so many more.



With dear Heather, of course chatting simply wasn't enough. Overtalking each other with bubbly energy and excitement practically around the clock made for a little extra time in front of the makeup mirror each morning to try and erase the damage from lack of sleep. Things like sleep and meals just started feeling overrated. Things like cookies and cokes during a thouroughly modern outing seemed a better idea.

The trip was not without good meals though. We had a lovely evening on Friday with our purlfriends, Jennifer and Joelle. Two very beautiful, warm and wise girls who appreciate a good steak like me!

On saturday we sat at a giant table that was surrounded by some wonderful women in the industry and hosted by Holly. It was a delicious dinner that felt more like a quilting bee where we all shared our stories and experiences, successes and goals. Gina was kind enough to drive us to the hotel afterward, but we stayed in her car and talked to her for at least an hour whether she liked it or not.

After 5 days wrapped up in what seemed like one it was time to pack up and head eastward to my green Tennessee. I also had to pack all the excitement, inspiration, and ideas into a part of my brain where once home they could be unpacked as meaningful thoughts on how to move forward in my design path. I am thrilled with the new opportunities that are popping up. Thrilled I have you to share them with. SO many pals came up to me to say they read me here so HI ALL YOU GUYS!

Walking through the airport and looking for a little gift for my sweeties I felt like I was being followed by chocolate and lollipops!


The kids had tried so hard not to beg as I was wrapping up all the choc-pops to hand out at the show. And no matter how delicious and fun the fabric and the real chocolate have been, I think a little dechoxing is in order. I picked out a palette of palette cleansers for them. They sort of remind me of the greeting the kids put out for me after the last quilt market. This time it was almost midnight when I got home and they were all tucked in. I kissed and cuddled each of them just hard enough to wake them for a little in return. A few of them gave smiles in their sleep like they were dreaming about seeing me for the first time in five days. Nothing sweeter than that.

xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)