Making me Happy

yarn.yule

Hey did seven days just pass since my last post? Is time moving faster or am I moving slower? I am certain that I'm not moving slower. I really appreciate the shoulders that nuzzled under the crying from my last post. Boy howdy. I had actually gotten my camera back the very next day after that, quite surprisingly. I was so overjoyed and snapping pictures of stupid anythings. But then the playback button wouldn't work. I don't need to describe all the emotions, etc. after that. You know, if you can't say something nice. But I will say that while I feel I received a lemon, that the Canon people have been extremely helpful, and, umm, human. Do you ever feel like no matter what you say that the person on the other end of the line is going to repeat the same phrase?? They really seemed to listen to me when I calmly suggested that instead of me shipping it back again, that if perhaps one of their repair technicians in New Jersey could just step outside and open their arms, then I would gladly throw it back from Nashville. Yup. That much feeling behind the throw. I know it would have gotten there, in fact maybe even an overthrow. Point being, they bent at my expression of frustration by sending me a FedEx label to overnight it instead of the standard UPS, and giving me an extension number to a person, instead of the standard 800 for follow up. So waiting again now. Hopefully for a replacement. Come on Canon, I know you can do it.

Oh yea. On with the making me happy part. I totally stole the yarn-ball ornament idea from the store window at GapKids. How cute is that? The kids and I had a ball (duh) making them. It kept them all on the floor for about an hour chatting about their personal successes of ultimate winding capabilities. We started the centers with styrofoam balls to keep them light and not take up too much yarn. Winding proved to be good unwinding.

string.theory

Also I cannot put my hooks down lately. Good and mindless happiness. I am just stringing the longest white chain that may or may not get fancier for a possible garland of sorts. Thought about crocheting little clusters into it for a popcorn effect. Anyone seen anything similar I could look at for inspiration?

couch

And every evening when I cannot think anymore, I have a crush on Sasha Kagan and her beautiful book! I cannot get enough of it. It's exactly the sorta thing I need in the crochet department, because its more an index of all the types of stitches, patterns, and gorgeous ideas with instructions and perfect illustrations than it is a group of finite patterns to follow. I cannot get into following a pattern for any finished thing, I like to come up with the whatever myself...I just need the inspiration and possibilities in front of me. Anyway, currently working on a scarf using the Katherine's Wheel pattern. Its sooo pretty and fun to make and Saint Katherine is one of my favorite saints, so I particularly love the reference to the "wheel" that is part of her story.

happy.stacks

Also making pretty little things to populate the beginnings of my shop. We hope to have that up and running by this weekend, but I've learned not to attach a date to anything. I will of course let you know, and if you want an email update about it you can sign up on the mailing list by clicking the top sentence/link here.

Thats the report folks. I have to admit feeling a bit of sourness the past week every time I thought of blogging, because I didn't have my new camera to play with. So these pics are just from the old snappy. On with it though. Wishing you happiness today.

xoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)