Backwards and Forwards

ribbon.belt

Hi friends. First things last. Erhh, last things first. I can't remember anymore. But I do know I have been dancing around in circles waiting to show you some quilt market photos all the while balancing a few other heavy duty tasks like filming Janome videos for days on end and other things of that nature. But here we are then. Okay. Above is the cover of the brochure we put together for fall market. We try to print plenty of these so that we can include them inside all of the shop orders to keep you in the know. You know. Anyway, I am going to attempt some prose here, but I have a hunch that this post might get a little Cliff note-ish. So the bullet point for the above would be the first look here on the blog of my upcoming Ribbon Collection with Renaissance Ribbons. There is no better source for gorgeous jacquard ribbon and I am so much more than honored to be working with them. We are just about to load 8 ribbons into the shop soon to be followed by a few dozen more colors of the same designs. They are like cake after dinner. Perfectly beautiful in every way, and I've been working on lots of project ideas for you. Moving on.

booth.center

The star of the show, at least front and center was the Log Mansion Quilt. Did you see that?- the title is linked to the downloadable pdf pattern for you. Hooray! (You can also get it from my MAKE page.) Just put the finishing touches on the pattern this morning, and Pierrette has also prepared some kits in the shop.

hanging.mansion

It really is one of my favorites.

bonne.nuit.quilt

Though this one is begging for a close second. There are a few notes for this lovely quilt. Not only does it feature many of the Loulouthi Velveteens which will be shipping next month, but the linen patches feature some of the embroidery work from an upcoming embroidery collection that I will be publishing hopefully before the end of the year. The pattern is called Love from A to Z and it is a full upper and lower case alphabet of a pretty healthy scale. The pattern will also feature a bonus project idea, this quilt, that will share a clever way to work your embroideries into a sewn item. I am also finishing up a second embroidery pattern called Fields Aflutter that is a conservatory of florals, butterflies, borders and other delights. More about the embroidery patterns soon.

star.pouf

A velveteen pouf that I designed just for market but that I can't get out of my head. And I think we know what happens then. So perhaps a new pattern in the Spring.

velveteen.rolls

Here is a pretty shot of the velveteens from the catalog.

coffee.talk

Pouf. And a pillow of linen, ribbon, and backed with velveteen. The table is from CB2. Wish it were bigger, and I'd use it in my living room. I thought of putting two together, but its still really low. I love the look of that dang table though.

bouquet.on.bouquet

See through. Shiny. Pretty. I really enjoyed this bouquet too.

lineup

Sigh.

ribboned.portrait

This Painted Portrait Dress, enchanted with a bit of ribbon machine applied to the yoke, is cut a little longer than the pattern standard, for an elegant, albeit gypsy-ish, silhouette of rich color. We've topped it off with a Figure 8 Scarf of the new velveteens. Rest assured the moment we have the velveteens in hand, we will have new scarf kits in the shop for you.

pretty.pleats.with.sugar.on.top

And another sweet little ribbon project was on display. Lots and lots of vertical pintuck pleats made from simple, solid voile, which turn this way and that as the ribbon lays across on the horizon. The same concept could be done with bias bindings, or any cross grain fabric for that matter. It was a very fun exploration in texture, and a nice breather from print. Perhaps the most princessy type design I've ever dabbled with. I look forward to putting together some tips on this little number for you.

anchors.away

Last but not least (and probably not all of everything, but I did try) ...needlepoint. Thats right. Kits. Printed canvas. Wool. And for me, very, very fond memories of my childhood- one eager but imperfect stitch after another. One by one building my ideas of what is a good thing to do with your time. I am just so glad that Anchor was all too happy to let me design four new kits that will become available in Jan/Feb. We had just gotten the unstitched canvases right before we left, so I can't wait to show you the finished samples.

I'd like to say too, that I am feeling particularly reflective lately on the work that I have had the opportunity to do and share. Maybe not by accident that I feel very thankful this week, more than ever, for what I wake up to each workday. I've just been thinking that while I don't take my work too seriously, I also don't take the privilege of getting to do it too lightly. I am beyond blessed. And the added happiness of sharing it with you when I am able too is particularly lovely.

May you be blessed and well fed, body and soul.
Happy Thanksgiving,
xo, Anna Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)