Frolicking on Command

all.set.skirt

I am mid-thigh deep in Quilt Market preparation, layered in with book completion, final new pattern tweaking and what feels like everything else. I am only now getting sample yardage of my newest fabric collection, Field Study, which was suppose to be here in its entirety about 3 weeks ago.  So sewing it up in all that we had planned for booth samples has been interesting to say the least, as we have changed plans about 82.3 times now.  With less than half the time to sew that  I normally have, I've pulled in twice the help and every day there is some new plan about what exactly we are sewing depending which of the 36 total quilting fabrics has arrived.  Because there is such a rush, the mill is sending them piece by piece, sometimes 6, sometimes only 3 prints at a time.  It. Is. Kooky.  But somehow, it is keeping all the creating spontaneously chaotic in an entirely good way.  Like this little skirt might not have come together just like this yesterday afternoon if it weren't for the fact that these are 2 of the 6 fabrics that arrived yesterday, promptly creating some head scratching, then swift cutting and sewing, and of course last minute frolicking courtesy of Eleni for a pre-sunset photo. This is the All Set skirt, part of my first kids pattern collection (and I can safely say my first pattern bearing a kangaroo pocket).  Can't wait to share the rest of the new fabrics and patterns.  And I'm not even hiding anything.  I can't wait to see them either.  As in I'm camping on the front porch waiting to attack my poor Fedex man with scissors, needle and thread.

Also, I ate a strawberry out of our vegetable (fruit?) garden yesterday.  I've never tasted anything like it.  It was sweet spring perfection.

Happy May! xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)