Yes But No

Going through the 2nd round of fabric strike-offs today for two lines in the studio to make changes to the changes, which I think describes just how it feels to communicate through little notes and tape and paper on the fabric about all your wishes and dreams for this piece and that piece. Wow that was a long sentence, which I should quit because I'm currently washing my gray away and only have 6 more minutes starting......NOW!

Anyway, the mill almost has the colors right, just a few booboos here and there that I need to point out and also offset with some other encouraging notes like "love it!", "perfection!" etc. I worry whether they think I'm nice. I need not worry like this, but I do just the same. Is this the slowest leak on a fabric line in the (short but vibrant) history of blog debuts of fabric lines!!?? I feel like I'm keeping too much from you on all other fronts. Please pretend to be over the top excited when I actually present the grand introduction of Drawing Room even though nothing will look new to you. Actually I think it will. Lots of juicy bits yet to discover in this lot my friends.

So while coloring my hair, blogging, finishing the book, designing the interior and cover for the book, and making fabric notes I also tried to cram in a 3 o'clock lunch with a buttered and toasted cinnamon raisin bagel. After eating the first half, (which tasted fine) I started in on the second half, just to notice a tiny fuzzy white thing on the cut side of it. I know. Then I thought maybe the paper towel it was sitting on brushed across it and left a little fuzzy. Not wanting to find something else to eat, I tried to reenact that occurrence by brushing the paper towel across the surface to see if it would leave a fuzzy mark and therefore continue eating. It wouldn't leave a fuzzy mark. I considered how the melted butter could have slicked up the surface enough to keep it from attracting any fuzz fibers. I also considered how absolutely insane I am.

So as it turns out changing, and re-changing the tiniest little details on 77 fabrics containing over 100 colors does not appear to be too detail oriented for me.

I threw the bagel away.

have a good weekend pals. xoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)