Patchy

swept.brick

This morning's first light on the swept brick. Every muscle in my body protested getting out of bed after a weekend full of weeding, pruning, hauling, digging, tilling, sweeping, lugging, hosing, dusting, wiping....and lots of other -ings. But Jeff and I enjoyed coffee on the patio this morning for the first time in months.

coming.together

Oh but Saturday was filled with studio -ings, like cutting, sewing, patching, folding, etc. Even a little drilling and mounting for a new shelf. I am in the midst of preparing two new quilt patterns for your downloading pleasure. The detail above is the Drawing Room quilt which is called "birdcage on a chain", and man, its fun to make. Can't wait to finish the top and share it with you. And a note to all who have asked, (though I will send some personal ones before the day is done) I have found my Portland furniture for covering! Thanks to so many of you who sent pictures (and pleadings) with very helpful notes and willing wishes. It is so appreciated. I settled on a pair of antique Queen Anne chairs because its going to work out best for my overall space, etc. I was even presented with a fabulous vintage outdoor iron piece that I'll use to display some Garden Party cushions on!

garden.wall

And speaking of gardens, above is the plan for the "garden wall" quilt which will be made from my upcoming line of quilting fabrics, Garden Party. I have fabric coming outta my ears. Hence all the cleaning in the studio this weekend, so I could make room for making. If you want just the tiniest peek at that upcoming line of fabric, Quilts and More magazine did a feature on me in their Spring 08 issue, on news stands now, where there's a few little pics showing the range. I originally thought that the feature was slated for a Summer issue, which is why I handed over Garden Party pics. Woops. There ya go. OH! Also, many of you have already found this, but in case you haven't, in that same issue, farther back is my pattern and instructions for the flower pin cushion seen here. Have fun making it. I've already seen some gorgeous examples out there in blogland.

Okay, my friends. Many, many patches to piece together in the studio on all fronts. My presence here will likely be patchy over the next week or so, so please forgive me. I may be able to throw in a few pictures with just a very few words of this or that. But two quilts, an upcoming show, and my final book edits are all keeping my head down but my heart glad. Be well.

xo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)