Finish Line

my.drawing.room

I can see it. The finish line. But here is a highlight from the race to Quilt Market which is in full swing. My living room is kinda starting to look like a what my booth will look like. I found an old brass lamp, spray painted it red and covered a shade with the Nouveau Bouquet/Eccentric Cool. I trimmed the edges of the lamp with bias cut from Shadow/Eccentric Warm. If you want to know how to cover a lampshade first get to know a product called Steam-A-Seam. It will be your best friend. Then one of these days I hope to show you how to do all the particulars, cause its really fun and easy. And yes that crocheted pillow started here. Which doesn't have anything to do with the booth preparations but finishing it has been a nice distraction (as though there aren't enough of those). And yes, the living room wall color is now glass blue even though there is proof that I recently painted it sun yellow. Don't ask. If you have to know I will send you Jeff's email address and you guys can make fun of me behind my back. I am a chronic wall painter and I acknowledge it. That's half the battle as they say.

hand.delivered

I also thought you would be glad to know that Nicolas hand-delivered all the members of the wren family to the safety of the front yard if they hadn't already found their way out of the porch. It was quite moving to see how gentle and in awe he was. And that little baby bird was as happy as could be on his hand for the longest time. Aaaag, it puts a lump in my throat. So most of the little creatures around here seem to be on their way to health and happiness.

monkey

The spring weather has even produced a few monkey sightings.

I hope to have some Drawing Room stacks of fabric up for sale in the shop next week and if you're on my mailing list you'll be the first to know when they are there. I hear the yardage should be rolling out to stores any day now, so thanks for being patient! (No one has been more impatient than me!) I will post some full view pics of the prints to give you a good look at everything as I put the goods up on the site.

Back to it, hoping you are well and sorry for the scarce posts over the past few weeks. Looking eagerly for life to return to its normal chaotic pace.

xoxox, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)