Multi-tasking, naturally

multi-tasker

And this would be pattern reveal part deux. I give you the Multi-tasker Tote. This sweetie has already been toted all over town avec moi (I'm sorry, I don't know where all the French is coming from today) and it is settling in to be my very favorite bag. For reals. Comfortable to have on the shoulder, easy to slip your hands in and out of the four outer pockets and firm enough on the bottom, to not have your contents on a constant spin cycle. Voila!

side.saddle

More importantly, for a sewing pattern, it is so enjoyable how this one comes together, if I do say so myself, and I did. But one of my pattern testers said so, too. She said she felt like a magician putting in the side outer pockets, and my heart skipped a beat at the sound of that. I am really not so hard to please.

shiny.happy.fabrics

No surprise I had to also whip up a few totes with Good Folks. But maybe, there is a surprise.....

happy.inside.n.out

Is that fabric lining the pockets and the inside a bit shiny?

Oh, why yes it is, how nice of you to notice!

It's oilcloth pals! Not the hard, plastic-y, send your stitch-lines in every direction (not to mention your use of foul language) variety of oilcloth either! It is our lovely, supple, beautiful Free Spirit cotton that has been coated, not too shiny and not to matte, but just right to let the colors of the fabric shine. The texture is so usable, and as you can see, it gathers...leaving all kinds of application doors open, such as darling rain slickers and hats, bibs, baby bags, lunch totes, splat mats, (oh! the garment bag pattern from my book!) and with a 55" width, a mere pair of pinking shears would give you a wipeable tablecloth in about 7 minutes. Multi-tasking. Have I sold it?

slick

I'm sold. So far, the oilcloths will be offered in the two prints shown, the Small Gathering/Citrus print and the Fortune/Sun print, but bang some pots and pans together and demand we do more, and we may do more. I plan to put together a cutesy downloadable idea sheet for these goods to inspire some fun projects for you. They are trailing the rest of the goods in arrival, but should be here sometime this month. Oh-and the patterns should be shipping this month too!

Whew. Two fun things on the way. I am nothing if not expectant.

Good Wednesday, xoxo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)