April Tuesday ~ home visit

sewing

~sewing~ something pour moi. I was entirely too jealous of this shirt that we got for Jeff while in NYC, and it reminded me of these fabrics that I bought in Portland last spring. And yes, I would say that one year is about the amount of time that it usually takes me to get around to making a blouse I have in mind. But I would not say that last year I expected it to be a maternity blouse.

leaning

~leaning~ against my studio wall is this old painted ladder that I've had my eye for a while to hang on to the growing collection of studio quilts. I guess that folk dance needs to come off that felt wall if I'm going to hand-quilt it.

lining

~lining~ the drawers of an old chest that we inherited from Jeff's Nani who passed a few months ago. A good cleaning with Murphy's oil and some pretty new lining paper (ala Target) will land this beauty into the girls' room for sharing. I had originally intended to keep it in the dining room to house all the handmade table linens that I planned to, well, hand make, but have yet to. I also had the thought to buy enough lining paper to match the repeat on it where it needed to be seamed. Neither of these thoughts is realistic or unusual for a person such as myself. Sigh.

sitting

~sitting~ in my living room is this new acquisition from my favorite local furniture store, which, sadly for me is closing its doors. I'm happy for Carissa though, as she has had her fourth baby and now completely following that path. If you're local, take advantage of the sale! I can't wait to nestle into that corner with a new nursing baby. That is, if Isabela's nose and whichever book she has it in will make room. (Pillows & rug ala anthropologie)

budding

~budding~ everywhere I look. Outside my window this sycamore (I think) has the most gorgeous shade of spring buds every year, and I keep telling myself this will be the stuff of some fabric print somewhere. One of these days.

waiting

~waiting~ for his (human) brothers and sisters to come home. Most of the time he sits with me in the studio, but I'm starting to notice he is more particular to the dark foyer on rainy days. We have a huge storm predicted and possible tornado watches for this afternoon. Maybe he's anxious for them to get here. Me too, boy.

thanks for coming , xo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)