A few sunny things here in Nashville

alabama.chanin.show.1



Many of you are familiar with Natalie "Alabama" Chanin because of her lovely book. Today, I'm excited to let Nashvillians and those in the nearby know that she'll be in town today and tomorrow trunk-showing her Fall/Winter 2009 clothing collection, "Songbirds", at Studio Berry Hill.



alabama.chanin.show.2



From the invite:



"The Alabama Chanin Fall/Winter 2009 Collection has been inspired by what we call "The Songbirds." They include women like Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Allison Moorer, Abigail Washburn, Allison Krauss, The Be Good Tonyas, Elizabeth Cook, Shonna Tucker of The Drive-By Truckers and many, many others."



Thursday & Friday, May 7 & 8, 10am-6pm

Studio Berry Hill

2923 Berry Hill Drive, Nashville, TN 37204



Provided I'm not in labor, I intend to waddle in that general direction sometime today or tomorrow to say hello and maybe pick up some goodies. So excited.



miss-direction-duy-huynh



Another favorite. Duy Huynh. My dear friend Meg at Art & Invention first introduced me to his stunning work a few years ago, and I have since been lucky enough to meet Duy, his lovely girlfriend Sandy and watch them spread their wings into more art, and the opening of their own gallery in Charlotte. I am so happy to own one of his pieces (which I would photograph for you if I could move) and even happier watch all the new works that float from his eloquent imagination to gallery walls worldwide.



Though the opening was last week, Duy's works will be showing at Art & Invention through June 14th.



So there ya are.



I often get asked about places to go and things to do here in wonderful Nashville, Tennessee, and will try to make a point of sharing my favorites more often. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll even start tagging my posts and keeping track by category so you can actually find things when you come here. Sigh. Oh, huge kick! This baby wants out.



xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)