Catching Up in no particular order: Prom

daydreams.in.tulle
great.grandmas.couch
super.stars
waiting.on.a.girl
flowered
awe.you.guys
just.one.more.please

Kicking off the I-can't-believe-it category of events this spring was Juliana's Senior Prom. So many little details I didn't expect to fall over myself to photograph. The corsage was one of those details, but I love that photo and so glad we have it.

We had a blast shopping for her dress, just the two of us. Of all places, we decided to walk into the Jessica McClintock store which gave me such a nostalgic trip! I had several Gunne Sax formals (I'll bet you did too) until I started to make my own. It came down to deciding between this darling confection and an equally cute but slightly more sultry black corset dress. I told her that she had the rest of her life to wear a sultry black corset number but a limited amount of years to wear layers tulle. Surprisingly, she agreed.

She is so good at keeping her jewelry understated when she dresses up. She wore her favorite star studs that we gave her for Christmas last year. But she can't help herself when it comes to shoes. My feet hurt looking at that full shot of her with the shoes.

I adore the photo of everyone in the foyer waiting for her to come out. Waiting on a girl. The little girls were beside themselves with giddiness and wanted so much to be a part of every detail. They were right on her heels as she rushed around getting ready and whispering little giggly secrets to each other once Nathan arrived to pick her up. It's fun I imagine to see such a grown up girl get all dressed up like a real live princess in your own house when you're as little as they are. Must give you some reality to fuel your daydreams.

And then they went. And so did prom.
xoxo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)