Afloat in a new Patchwork

patchwork.pouring

Today in the studio, I am playing with scant new samples from Innocent Crush, mixing them into the well-worn favorites from Little Folks. New patches swimming around with familiar patches, and I am afloat.

To pick up a bit where I left of in fabric, I wanted to answer questions in regards to the Innocent Crush Sneak Peek - right after I say thanks so much for all the excitement!!!- (even if most of is was for the tights!- that's okay- I chose those myself, so no insults!) No one is more excited than me, and here is the low down on what Innocent Crush will inlcude: 22 quilting weight cottons; 14 home decor cotton sateens; 10 cotton voiles; and 8 cotton velveteens (!!!!) I'll be sharing 3 free patterns for the collection and we're working on loads of inspirational sewing to share for all the different fabric substrates. I am so excited. I am jittery right now and the coffee finished its job a little while ago- these are bonafide fabric jitters. I will share all the images next week!

About the darling "dress" in the photo: Its made from one of the new voiles called "Shattered" and it is not a dress at all! The top is a Roundabout Blouse (we just left the lower band off) and it's tucked into a "Flirting the Issue" skirt which will be one of the free patterns due out at the same time as the fabrics (Oct/Nov). Making the blouse and skirt of the same fabric achieves the lovely dress look, but with the obvious advantage of wearing the pieces separately too, if ya wanna. Make note of this with an ink pen on your palm.

The tights are from Anthropologie and I picked them up a few months ago. They are from one of the their in-house brands, called Eloise, otherwise I would stock them and sell them to you. I would get say sentences like "I stock stockings in my store". So it would be worth it for that alone. I think I may have helped sell out the last of them the other day once it was figured out. Sorry. I mean, you're welcome Anthropologie. The shoes are red suede pumps from Steve Madden that are so perfect to behold, but so hard to walk in. Perfect for shoots.

a.sea

Now. I can't say enough how much I appreciate your comments ever since I wrote a mini-novel. Like a beautifully woven, fine net, catching me before I fall too deep. Thank you so very much. I have read every word and happy to be in accord with so many kind souls. This is new. And while I realize that the indulgence I take here every so often with my thoughts is more than some of you might expect, or even care for, from just a mother-artist-business-owner-designer-fabric-lady, what I'm sharing with you, I am sharing with myself too. And it helps.

I cried at the meat counter in the grocery yesterday. I kept buying things that she likes out of habit. But every minute, it gets a little better. After wrapping up a very busy day of work yesterday, still catching up from that lost rainy day in Astoria, I got the meat in the oven, potatoes prepped, peas ready for steaming, a few started on their homework, Jeff had started a bath for Roman and I dared to think I could go out for a quick evening run before everything/one came to need me for something. I quickly changed into my gear and headed for the door. Then in one single instant Roman pooped in the bathwater and helmut-less Nicolas slammed his head into the driveway curb after skating something fancy on the quarter pipe. I stood frozen between the two, trying to figure out if I should give Jeff a pack of ice and give Nicolas some wet wipes and the tub cleaner....or the reverse.

I snapped to. I am needed here. Everyone got taken care of and I headed out for my run. Each pound on the pavement was accompanied by knowing that my life is full and these changes are new patches being sewn onto the familiar. And it is all so beautiful, no?

with thanks, xoxoAnna
(the tub & Roman are both sparkling and Nicolas' head is fine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)