Rainbow Sewing Day III

shuffled

After having to cancel Rainbow Sewing Day III back in December due to snow (insert ugh here), we were finally able to pull another together this passed Wednesday here at the house. Above is my shuffled up living room where we cut backings. We also sat on the floor and scratched our heads about stuff, and pulled up our skinny jeans about 60 times to avoid any unwanted backside showings. That last part could have been just me.

quilting.angel

Paula floated in with the sunshine and near 70 degree weather. Thank you Paula!

go.go.go

Britney and my Mama were all business at the dining room table. I think Britney only cussed her bobbin running out before the end of her sewing pass about four times (not really, just an adorable sigh). I think my mom might have said "fiddlesticks" only about 8 times, which is how my mom cusses. Thank you Britney and Mama!

playing.blocks

Kirsty joined us again, bringing her beautiful baby Toby along. They mostly played blocks in the playroom. (Haha get it? Okay, sorry.) Thank you Kirsty, thank you Toby!

bound.together

Kathy and Cindy worked I think mostly on binding at my sewing table in the studio. Both talented ladies! Thank you Kathy and Cindy!

love.stack

And by the end of a long day we had another pile of completely finished and completely beautiful quilts ready to deliver to flood victims for their homes, which are slowly coming back into reality all over town. Also joining us Wednesday were Terri, Jennifer, Amanda and Jennie- thank you all!!! I really hope I didn't leave anyone out! I was slightly left out all day because Roman wasn't feeling well so he couldn't go to his little toddler class. Instead I walked around holding a limp little baby on my hip all day. Scratch the little part of that, he's huge, and heavy. I think it would have been easier to sew all day. He's better now. Still huge though.

quilt.connoisseur

In his sleepy, pitiful delirium, after everyone left, he knocked over the finished stack, rode it like a horsey, then put those suckers to use. He really believes that every quilt in this house belongs to him and him alone. He pats his chest when he sees one as if to say "put it on me now, please".

Oh, I wuv him so ridiculously much.
good weekend, xo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)