When I buy fabric

when.I.buy.fabric

I tend to always come home from anywhere with a pile or ten of new fabric. I often get asked whether I buy fabric since I have so much of my own. Funny. Of course. Lots. I also get asked what I like to buy. I enjoy sewing with my fabric, naturally- it really helps me design actually- but anyone wants to sew with more than one designer. I seem to almost exclusively buy Denyse, Heather, Liberty, and several Japanese prints-usually Kokka. They all tend to be so different from anything that I make that I am quite certain that is what draws me in. There is a smaller scale to most all of them, but also a similar color sensibility to my own fabrics. So both of those aspects typically means they pair really well with my own prints. Plus, I can't help but love the work of dear friends who I admire for so many reasons to begin with. (It's extra fun when you can just trade stacks, as Denyse and I did in Palm Springs).

The above curation has been gathered for quilts for the girls' beds. Its alarming how many quilts I have made, yet rarely intended for my own kids. Poor children. Anyway, I am obsessed with triangles of late, and have seen lots more triangles popping up in the quilt world, you? They have been on the brain for months, ever since I first designed my Patchwork Prism quilt for Janome- which reminds me! I should have the pattern pdf and the video uploaded to my Janome page hopefully sometime next week! So excited about it. I taught a class on this quilt in Sacramento, and it was a great experience for all involved. Though I am certain the pattern instruction would be better served if it were a two day class instead of a one day class. (I will try to get better about listing upcoming workshops around the USA this year, but often they are booked through whoever is hosting before I even get a chance.)

Busy, busy week ahead here, final video edits to oversee, new book cover shoot, lots of book writing, sewing, and photography to work on. And my very good friend Donna Wilder is coming to stay with us tonight. She offered me my first fabric designing gig in the Bohemian days, so I owe her a great deal, indeed. Tonight she'll get partial payment with chili and quesadillas.

xoxo, happy Monday! Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)