Hotel Texture

outside.my.door
Spokane is lovely. Really lovely.
stairs.to.my.room
I can't help but think that this hotel made sure that I knew that and won't let me forget.
soft.and.creaky
A hotel is a hotel, but after having been in quite a few lately, I am beginning to really appreciate those that are uniquely comfortable.
my.door
These are some of the details of the old charming Montvale Hotel, settled downtown. Each and every little nook, cranny, and floor was entirely different and loaded with rustic antiques, evocative paintings and sink-into furniture. Above is my door.
green.glas.beauty
I felt sure there were ghosts. Classy ghosts with great taste in paintings. It was so extremely quiet, save some creaks in the floor, it seemed I was one of just a handful of people staying there over the weekend. Which of course made all the chairs seem simply occupied by ideas of past visitors instead of present and visible ones.
gateway.door
I was so transfixed by the details and furnishings that I carried my family around the whole place by way of Skype on my laptop to give them a tour.
on.the.edge.of.my.seat
Upstairs, downstairs, through the 3 restaurants attached which earned several hellos from strangers to my digital family. Hiiiii the kids all said together through the screen.
cracked.ice
I held them up close to several paintings, and Isabela would say oooooo pretty.
two.faced.beauty

My time speaking and teaching at the Top Stitch could not have been more enjoyable. Layers and layers of wonderful in that shop and the group of women I spent two days with. Everyone kept thanking me so earnestly for "coming to Spokane" as though no one ever goes to Spokane.

I can't wait to go back to Spokane.

More soon on my time there... for now, lots and lots of here happening.
xoxoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)