Whats gray & cream & pumpkin all over?

pumpkin.ribbon.shadow

The newest instalment of my Quilt Market furniture is in progress! I'm sure you remember the fancy chairs from Spring Market, which I hope are still being enjoyed by their owner (hi, Rhiannon). It was so fun to connect with a fabric lover to achieve those chairs that I've decided to make it a market tradition.

shadow.couch

This fall, however, as Houston is our market-hosting city, and with all that city and that part of the country has been through....it felt only a little odd to blog a title such as "Hey Houston I know you don't have power or anything but who wants to upholster a couch for me?" Yea, see, not so good or thoughtful, really.

BUT
, it never feels wrong to bother a friend or a family member, so in that annoying spirit I called on my friend Caroline, a Houston native and the proprietor of JCarolineCreative.com. And might I say she rocks upholstery, and she does it herself!! Anyway, she scored this lovely traditional sofa (digital mock-up above) for 15 smackers at a garage sale, and had yet to decide what to do with it. I decided that for her and she was totally game. What a girl.

pumpkin.cream.soup

I went to my fav local fabric shop to find a posh piping fabric, knowing I wanted something pumpkin-ish, and was pointed to this fine wale corduroy, which I think is perfect. I love how light hits fine corduroys and matte velvets making them milky from one angle and deep and rich from the other. I think it will catch the light beautifully as edge piping for the sofa and give it a warm, cozy detail. Oh, and I did offer to cut the bias strips before I sent them, as I know most people hate doing that. Enjoying bias strip cutting is strange fact #241 about me.

One market couch, check. One husband on board for booth modifications (while I stand and stare), check. Lots and lots going on, and can't wait to share a few things that I've had up my sleeve for a while now.

Happy October, people. xoxo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)