Today's craving on last week's bargains

pbandp

What? Don't you eat peanut butter and pineapple sandwiches? Never mind that, look at this cute plowl (kind plate / kinda bowl thing which I can no longer find a link for, guess they're gone)! I was here shopping about for anything that would fit, which mostly were rugs and dishes. Didn't need any rugs, and all my soup/cereal bowls are chipped up (kids and microwaves, kids and anything, really) so I decided to take advantage of the sale. I'm also hosting lots of family for soup and salad for Christmas Eve lunch, and I thought these would be pretty under a green salad sprinkled with pomegranate seeds. So I took 12 to the counter, then remembered the kids+anything thing, and went back for the remaining 4. A'course, I passed a few other things on the way, hang on let me get 'em.......

(takes sandwich and walks off)

(the cupboard is a full 8 feet away, and she might get hungry on the way)

oh.and.these

(continues with mouth full)

...look! First, how darling are the new salad/plate things with my existing not so chipped striped dinner plates? I know! Anyway, I passed these print-y little petite bowls (for which I already have a few matching serving size versions) and I only then recalled that I had wanted to purchase them a while back specifically for grapefruit, bc they are the perfect size and shape. So I got those too. On sale? Nope. Twice as expensive as the plowls thrice their size? Yup. Where is the justice, I ask you. I of course used the sale of the one to justify the purchase of the other. Thats what we do.

(polishes off sandwich, puts another slice of bread in the toaster)

cupboard.love

Oh wait, I thought to myself, if the plowls will play the part of plates (say that ten times fast), then who, praytell, will be acting as the soup bowls since the chipped numbers are getting booted out of the Christmas Eve play? Why twelve new latte bowls of course (center top)! Microwave safe.

The above picture shouldn't make me so happy. Yet it does, all the same. Chipped bowls included.

xo,Anna

ps, we can thank the almost constant dimlight & rain/ice sitch for the weird colors of the photos
pss, who knew it took so many words and parantheses to say I'm hungry and I bought dishes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)