The Color of Stew

stew
firmly.planted
between.seasons
fall.mums
fall.cornersgold.gathering.spot
the.turn
pine.berries
tall
fireplace

I have been so busy finalizing the new patterns and getting them off to be printed, sewing some beautiful clothing with the new fabrics for the girls which will be used for some print ads and just simply trying to keep up with laundry and this house. Normally I don't even include any housework in the list of things I am trying to get accomplished, so even mentioning that here means things are finally starting to slow a tiny little bit after what seems like months of non-stop non-stopness.

Today I insisted upon a slow stew. Which included a slow shop around the grocery with coffee in hand and a sleeping baby in the cart. (Can you think of a better way to shop?) After the ingredient chopping was complete and the bubbling was just beginning, I also insisted upon a slow walk around the yard with my camera. Everything I found through the lens plus the warm smell of beef stew that hit me once I came back in the door reminded me why I seldom feel the need to leave this house. Especially this time of year. But it also inspired me to get out the doors a bit more instead of just looking through them.

And such is the color of our stew.

If you're in search of warm and wonderful slow cooking to inspire your palette/palate, don't forget about the famous soup entry post from about this time last year. A soup cookbook in itself! (and for those of you that skim posts: No. The contest was over a year ago. But we'll come up with a new one here soon.)

Be back tomorrow to continue sharing the rest of the Little Folks fabric family.
g'nite, xo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)