Little Folks~Dobby Dots

square.dance.scarf

I am in love with sewing again. I never stop liking it, but honestly I am lurving it again. Plugging my own fabric aside (just slightly), it is just so refreshing to hold new fabrics in my hands that really feel and drape differently than anything I've ever designed myself. I will confess it feels a bit empowering, too, to think it up, do it and then have it in my hands and set into crafted reality what was just a musing of the mind last winter.

square.dance.curtain

More than just the fun, textural, little, nubby dots that run through these 4 "square dance" prints and 8 "pastry line" prints, the joy I am taking by playing out all the uses for that block design in "square dance" is just so satisfying. The goods are 55" wide, and the block is printed in two sizes, on the yardage. 4 of the larger blocks spread side-by-side from selvedge to selvedge, followed by two rows of 8 smaller blocks below and then it repeats. And the yardage is also designed so that either way you cut it, you can keep the squares in line.... leave as is for curtains, cut on the width for borders, cut on the length for scarves, or cut out by the block for quilts, pillow fronts, baby dress panels, blouse yokes....etc. ETC!

pastry.line.hues

And because good enough is never enough, I thought we should have a spectrum of sorts to mix in with all of it. Color names of the "pastry lines" from the top: saffron, olive, water, marine, lilac, magenta, coral, and toast. The scalloped stripes run lengthwise on the bolt.

wrapped

I would say the weave of this dobby dot substrate is slightly more "open" than the very buttery, tight voiles, but the surface gives almost the tiniest little bit of sheen to them, reminding me of silks.

lil.britches

Itty bitty nubby wubby baby pants.

seesaw.hem

A dreamy little hemline on a new dress for Isabela....

dress.yoke

...which is topped with a dreamy yoke. Not done yet, but lots of these sew-ups are some of the items we'll be using in the print ads for Little Folks, which we'll begin shooting tomorrow.

Thanks for having a look. I feel so, so, so happy to do what I do. Particularly lately. Thanks for peeking in, as you do, and have a lovely evening! xo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)