Friday is brought to you by the color Yellow

because.its.spring

I hosted my supper club last night. I let a local restaurant do the cooking this time, but I managed to buy flowers. I know, it was exhausting. (Lest you think me lazy I should say that I was a single mother of 5 for 4 days while Jeff and Juliana were in NYC school-looking (and eating, and shopping and generally having lots of city fun without poor ole country me). And I cooked for 60 people at church on Wednesday night. Now that was exhausting. More than you needed to know to describe a vase of tulips but you're the one who decided to start reading this.)

stitched.roses

A close up of my favorite quilt that I think I've ever made but haven't shown you yet. Just seeing those stitches reminds me that you might be waiting for my quilt stitching post...still in the works. It's coming, promise. See parenthetical excuses above.

lemon.the.canary

I don't believe you've met Lemon the canary. He is our sweet, little, somewhat aloof, tweety bird who sings so beautifully. We adore him, but he is hard to get pictures of through that cage.

mantle

Not new vases. But I like the way they are looking on a deep peacock blue wall that used to be pink.

new.old.paintings

This is one of my new old paintings. I'll show you more soon. I bought this one and a few other florals simply because they remind me of the way my dad paints.

velvet.folk.pillow

This is one of my new embroidered velvet pillows that I designed for Peking. Very cozy and a nice compliment to homesewn goods.

pet.of.a.pillow

This isn't another pet, but rather a shaggy soft pillow that I scored at anthro for 19.95 (was $98!) while there on an unrelated mission. Of course.

color.system

I put my books in color order. I don't remember the couple of different sources that I've seen similar done, but have always loved the look of it. This is the yellow section. Not too many yellow books. Hmpf. OH! I think the spine of my new book is going to be yellow! I gotta check on that. Very important.

Hope your weekend is sunny yellow regardless of the weather, xoxo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)