A Patching

recent.patching

I have had a large bag of vintage patchwork blocks that I purchased for about 15$ a few years ago. They haven't all turned into something immediately like I thought they would when I bought them. I am sure you are familiar with this type of thing. Many, many of them are Dresden Plate blocks, but a handful are a collection of oddballs of various sizes, techniques and prints. Here are some of the misfits patched together and covering some extra chairs in the dining room that we pull to the table when the room gets extra crowded (its always a little crowded). And I adore them. These chairs were close to getting a layer of paint. But I resisted, reminding myself how important a natural stain of wood can be to a room. I am good at forgetting this. Needing to paint something, I painted the walls instead. Cream. I decided at Thanksgiving that my dining room walls needed to be cream and I am still adjusting. I always liked that blue, but somehow it felt too much like a bedroom color. I'll share more views of the room soon once I can see over the laundry on the table (2017 perhaps?). I actually have so many little house tweaking confessions to share here. One at a time I guess. Which is never how I go about the tweaking, of course. I also cleaned my studio so well for the mag shoot last week, that I thought I should take pictures, knowing of course how long it would not last.

But speaking of patchwork furniture- I am overwhelmed not just at how many modern style couches live in the Twin Cities, but at how many generous people own them! I've never seen so many email submissions for helping me out with a furniture request! Thank you so much! But I did want to mention that we've finally settled on one so there's no need to continue sending your photos. It would only make me more indecisive and I don't need any help there.

Kisses! xo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)