Taxday toes & other recent write-offs

taxday.toes

I had to get a manicure this week because Country Living was here yesterday doing a little feature of me in the studio (look for it in the July/Aug. issue this summer). They were not, in fact, taking pictures of my feet, but I feel off balance if I don't also get a pedicure. So to hit the tax write-off all the way out of the park, and in honor of taxday, I felt it best to take a business-related photo of my toes. There. Now you have to go look at my new collection of rugs and pillows that we have in the shop, to make this completely valid. Thank you.

flower.joy

Next write-off: flowers for the photo shoot, natch. It's a pain to have them around, but, you know when you are in business for yourself there are certain circumstances that you have to be willing to suffer through. Luckily, I am strong.

pillow.stack

Back to the rugs and pillows and how this post is all about my design business. I am very happy with this new small collection of embroidered velvet pillows, mostly because I think they work so well with other goods sewn from my fabrics. It helps strike a balance between texture and scale, and they are so soft and cozy.

(Here's a link to my new sandals too! Ya know, in case you're expecting a tax return. Ahem.)
xo, AnnaMaria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)