Sam & Sally said that you're, like, totally invited to my birthday party

sam.and.sally

And they know everything because they live on Eleni's thumbs.

About my birthday party: This Saturday July 31st, from 2:30-4:30, Textile Fabrics is hosting a book signing for my new book, Handmade Beginnings. When working with them to schedule the event, I scanned July, day after day, weekend after weekend, and realized that of course, there was nothing scheduled on the 31st. Why would there be? It's only my BIRTHDAY. (internal sigh.) But HEY. That's perfect. What better way to feel like a birthday girl than spend the day telling lots of people its my birthday. Now I know that you might already have your own plans of how you spend Anna Maria Horner Day, but if you could spare a few minutes, do come say hello. Let me sign your book. Let me give you cake. Let me kiss your babies. Let me sign your babies. Let me let you sing Happy Birthday to me. I am not excited. This is just part of my job. I do not like cake, but don't want my friends at Textile to feel bad, so I will probably eat most of it.

About Sam & Sally: Eleni sucks her thumb. Which I am cool with. She is not as cool with it as she used to be. I told her that her Aunt Eleni (my sis) used to suck her thumb when she was little too. And that at some point Aunt Eleni wanted to stop. It was at this point that my mom made her little thumb friends to wear to sleep. Aunt Eleni soon stopped sucking her thumb in her sleep. My little Eleni was very excited about the notion getting a pair of thumbsters to sleep with. And Saturday that little dream came true after cutting the thumbs off of some mismatched gloves and bringing Sam and Sally to life with a little embroidery thread. She said the boy should be kind of like a monster, and the girl should not really be like a monster, but a little bit monster-y with pretty hair. The wisdom of a six year old is astounding.

xo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)