Its the clothes that kill me

a.study.in.style

Two bros yo.

This is my handsome husband, Jeff (left) with his little, adorable (still) brother Jason, taken I think around spring of '77. Yesterday my mother-in-law, Bette, sent this jewel to us. Many of us have photos that look like this. The pose, the clothes, the vintage coloration, and those bubba faces are priceless. I can hardly stand it actually. Those ties? Uhhh! I want to squeeze both of those faces!

And after birthing six of this man's children (just that man on the left there) I feel like I've seen these same faces over and over again. That expression just seems to run through all of them. I love it so much. Cherish it, actually. Like I have to close my eyes now, I've been looking at the cuteness too long. Coincidentally, before Bette sent these to us, Jeff and I each spent some time yesterday morning searching a few hard drives for a (huge) batch of our own family photos, that so far we haven't been able to turn up. I'm talking years of photos. We are scared that the file may have gotten overwritten somehow but I am so hoping we are wrong about that. I can't even imagine. It gives me such a sinking feeling thinking about it.

Last night though, I had a little glimmer of a thought in regards to this potential heartbreak in the works. Last month marks four years of blogging here. I can't believe it! I don't know quite what I ever expected out of this endeavor, but one thing is certain for me now. I am thankful that I have a record, albeit micro, of the comings and goings of the story of us here. Obviously intermixed with shoptalk, an other aspects of what I do everyday, but it is still a comfort. And on the note of comfort, I wanted to take the time to say thanks for coming along with me on this little journey. I know some of you have been here for 4 years (or longer!) and some just got here today. I thank each of you for the little nook you've carved out for me in your days, leaving me room to share.

Even if sharing means a really old picture of two boys in silly ties holding what look to be personal mini-Bibles. And I think Jeff's pants are pink. Bette? Oh, nevermind.

xoxo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)