A Quilt for Queensland Auction!

Wildflowers.Quilt

I won't even bother to describe the devastation in dear Queensland since the flooding except to say that I cannot even conceive of it. They need help, every form of help, money and prayers. Today I am offering this quilt that is dear to me up for auction (more written about it here). I designed the fabric, the quilt, and pieced, patched, hand quilted and bound every bit of it myself. In fact, much of it was even hand quilted on that amazing journey we took last year. So you can bet that blood, sweat and most definitely tears also inhabit this piece of work. But it still smells nice, promise.

The quilt is made from my Gathering Flowers Quilt pattern in the Twin/Full size which is 72" x 90" and is backed entirely in the Square Dance Berry Voile. This quilt is a mix of cotton voile and cotton quilt weight fabrics.

How to bid on this quilt:

1. Bidding starts at $100 US.

2. Place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.

3. Bid must be in whole dollar increments.

4. This auction is open to everyone in the world, and I will offer free shipping worldwide.

5. The auction begins now and will end at midnight on Monday, January 24, 2011.

6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner, so please leave your comment with a link to your email or blog.

7. The winning bidder will donate the amount of the bid directly to the Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal and send confirmed receipt of payment via email to sales@annamariahorner.com. Then we will ship this beautiful quilt to you!

Happy Bidding! Be sure to see the master list of all the current auctions happening around blogland.

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks to each of you for your generous bids, and most certainly to our winning bidder, Diane. I also want to thank Toni Coward so much for coordinating the auctions and making it so very easy for the rest of us. We often feel powerless. I particularly didn't imagine I would have the time to do anything to help as I am feeling behind with my own efforts for Tennessee Flood victims, however the mere mention of auction and her willingness to get the word out and provide a template made it so simple. Thank you! Diane I will get in touch!

lots of love, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)