Where I snuck out

palm.springs

Sneaking back in after a weekend in Palm Springs helping my friend Heather teach a sewing workshop. It was so so so so hard. Jeff stop reading here. It was so so so so fun. I had no idea when I scheduled it with her in December that I would be coming out of one million seventeen snowdays and in dire need of mental repair. (And believe me, had I planned it before the class was booked, I would have told you about it.) The format was great, everyone brought their own projects and Heather and I each just flitted around helping where we could, offering advice, deciphering patterns, building muslins, and sometimes scribbling less that appropriate things on those muslins but all in the name of the perfect fit. (But I certainly did not pay a woman with a free pattern to march around the crowded pool wearing said muslin. No sir.) We were at the Ace the whole weekend, which was an experience in itself. I can't believe I didn't take my camera. Actually yes I can. To leave home, I walked down an icy hill at 6am in the dark with my luggage to get to our car which wouldn't make it up the night before. So yes, balmy Palm Springs was just slightly different than my current norm.

Despite the delicious food, stylish accommodations, groovy inhabitants, adult snowcones and sunny poolside settings my very favorite part was doing exactly what is shown above- helping Raven and 15 other lovely talented women geek out on some sewing detail.

Thank you Heather for asking me! And you promised to draw me on your blog, so I'm waiting, lady. And I don't care if you're still by the pool without me.

xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)