It could have happened anywhere

stitch.by.the.light

As long as I had placed a bowl of pearl cottons between any two chairs in any corner of our home I imagine this scene might have eventually produced itself. Often after Roman is in bed, and the rest of the children are settled into what will be their last task or play on a Sunday evening, I sneak off to set my mind onto Monday. Usually at the computer, just for a few minutes, to organize my thoughts about what I will wake up to. It might sound like weekend work (gasp), but it actually helps me enjoy the rest of the evening that will follow if I feel like I've peeked into the next week a bit. Anyway.

They marched in with purpose, and headed straight to the window seats with their little sewing bags ready to whatever together. Eleni making a pouch for Juliana, because she thinks Juliana needs a pouch for all her stuff. And Isabela, just making a handbag that will be for she doesn't know who. Just making it.

Its just that tonight, they have no idea what they're making me. They are making me peaceful in my heart, relieved in my mind, and thankful through out as they stitch together the raw edges of their day, when they had every other endeavor to choose from. So simple.

Needle.
Thread.
Cloth.
Evening.
Light.
Sisters.
Good.
Night.

xoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)