Voile (and) Ahh

loulouthi.voile.1
loulouthi.voile.2

Voiles. 6 of them this time around in colors that I feel like wearing these days. The scale on the "Clippings" (rose, butterfly) print is about half the size that it is in the quilting cotton varieties. I think its nice to have it smaller particularly for clothing.

pretty.profile

Here are a few shots of Eleni wearing the "Clippings" print in Sherry as part of her Easter dress that I am (finally) managing to post. This quick little design is sort of a glorified pillowcase dress with a solid voile lining and the beautiful embroidered ribbon for the front fixed sash.

shoulder.bow

We thought it would be extra chic to have the draw-thru shoulder ties only bow up on one side. Oui. You'll see these fabrics in action more when I share a new sewing pattern called Painted Portrait Blouse & Dress that I'm working on.

Here is the official write-up for my Loulouthi inspirations:

Loulouthi is a treasure box of all that I love about flowers and fabric coming together in form and inspiration. The word loulouthi simply translates from the Greek as “flower”. But in an ongoing story, my cultural heritage has enlivened these fabrics with visions of needleworks in progress, the gentle tending of village gardens, and the luxury of living alongside everyday works of art. The language of flowers and floral handiwork has spoken to me since before I could thread my own needles, and this collection is my reply to all that beauty.

Tomorrow, some laminates. All of the cottons, voiles and laminates are now on view at the freespirit site here. If you're a numbers and color name type of person. (I am assuming that everyone who is reading this is.?.)

Oh, the Ahh part of this post is that AAAAHHHHHhhhhhhhh, I'm home. Market was so, so fun, and hugely exciting with all that I got to share. Booth pics will follow all the little collection release shots here soon.

smooch, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)