Doing This, Thinking That

top.priority

Post Disclaimer: All photos reference the THAT of which I am thinking and not the THIS of which I am doing. There are too many THISs to photograph.

Doing:: Replacing six 10 1/2 ft structural porch columns on the front of our house :: waiting impatiently to have this installed in the dining room :: and two of these and one of these in the hallway :: attending to the lingering details in Nicolas's room and the girls' room after having renovated both :: considering which day to buy our Christmas tree and therefore decorate the whole house

Thinking:: About picking up all the little sunshine crochet squares I started last winter on the couch with Juliana and lots of Whoppers :: Wondering if I need all those things again to be able to do it :: Yes, I do :: I was originally inspired by an amazing blanket that I saw either on etsy or flickr or both.... I think by a talented (Northern?) European woman.... and she had it styled on a modern gray couch.... anyone? I have seen several of course that are similar, but her color choices were unusually gorgeous....Please post a link in the comments if you know what I'm talking about :: Of course you can post anything you want even if you don't know what I'm talking about too :: Which is always the case, really :: EDITED to add- found it!!! Thank you Anonymous commenter :: My first inspiration was found at Sandra Juto's marvelous site :: I can go on living now :: This is a gorgeous photo here

bowl.of.sunshine

Doing:: Putting the finishing touches on my first pattern for Janome - the Patchwork Prism Quilt :: getting to the homestretch of my first two published-and-soon-to-be-for sale-embroidery collection patterns :: finalizing colorways for more ribbons :: hooking up my new printer so that I can send off the final prints for my next fabric collection :: wearing wooly slippers

Thinking:: That I maybe should have created these crochet squares with the continuous joining method that I found here today while looking for the original inspiration source of the blanket :: Genius in that it saves the white round for last so that you can crochet it and attach them at the same time without having to sew in any yarn ends from the stitching step :: Maybe it would look weird now to finish the blanket with two different methods :: Maybe I should save that for the next one I want to make substituting all the white with something dark :: Grey

sea.of.wool.sunshine

Doing:: Interrupting my work several times a day to search presents I'm on the hunt for :: Sending anonymous gift ideas to Jeff using Evernote :: Choosing flannels to make scarves for the girls :: Drinking room temperature coffee and weighing the option of walking downstairs to heat it up

Thinking:: About how much I would like to eat cheese and crackers on the couch while crocheting more sunshine :: It could tie me over until I buy whoppers and Juliana is home :: The THAT that you want to do is always so much more entertaining than the THIS that you're in the midst of:: Until of course the THAT has been a THIS for a few hours

goodweekendxoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)