Hello, Friend.

berry.go.round

Yesterday I woke up with an aching head, stuffy nose, sore throat and a bubbly 2.5 yr old boy in my bed that didn't quite get it. I kissed each kid off to church with their dad, and I stayed in bed as long as I could. Once just laying there was driving me crazy I got up and took as much legal medicine as possible (its really all I have) to feel a little better than absolutely horrible.
feel.better.wreath

Somewhere after the medicine and some black mint tea, I started realizing that I was alone in the house and could possibly have some quiet time with a glue gun (as opposed to chaos time with a glue gun where I try to prevent it from ending up on my rug or someone's delicate skin, which amounts to me plugging it in and out of the wall about 80 times in a 30 minute period and always waiting for it to heat up to do any little dab). Ahem. So working on a twig wreath that I've had for years and never really knew what to do with seemed like a manageable task. In my jammies and wooly slippers. Sipping tea.

pearl.bud

I simply used some Christmas-y craft leftovers. But when I was done, something (maybe the medicine) told me it needed printed paper. So I tore pages out of an already torn book and wrapped them around these sort of balloon-on-a-wire-stem sorta ornament things that ended up to looking something like a trumpet or a newspapered ice cream cone or a bulbous tulip, erhhh I don't know what. But I liked it. And today, cold-medicine-free, I still like it. So its a keeper.

Thanks for listening. More tea?

OH!

My friends at Janome are doing a big, fat drawing in an effort to reach 20,000 likes on their facebook page. Entering to win (things like machines, patterns, fabric and more x 2 so that you and a friend can share) involves just two things: (1) read their blog posts each day this week about their "friends" -today happens to be me ... awwwwe, and leave a comment on the post to enter to win. You can keep leaving comments each day to increase your chances. But the real deal is (2) to also like Janome's facebook page, and as soon at they hit the 20,000 friend mark they will draw a winner. Could make a great gift for you!

back to Advil, your friend, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)