Alicia, my children think you're a genius.

holy.thursday.1holy.thursday.2holy.thursday.3holy.thursday.4holy.thursday.5holy.thursday.6

Of course I agree with them. Eastern Orthodox Easter is one week later than Western Easter this year, so in addition to getting all your Easter candy on sale (thanks for leaving some), I also have an extra week to absorb some really good egg dying ideas.  In addition to our traditional solid red eggs, as soon as I saw my friend Alicia's botanical eggs, I was dying to do it (pardon the pun).  Falling in line with their typical kid selves, the children did not trust me when I explained the process.  There were smirks, huhs, quizzical brows, rolled eyes, and every manner of mom-yer-dumb looks on their faces.  Then I pulled up Alicia's post on my laptop and a chorus of aaaahhhoooOOOHhh came over the room.  Why do I always have to prove myself to this bunch.  Hmpf.  This is one rare occurrence where I am totally happy to give someone else the credit (even if those stinkers shouldn't need proof).  (Anyway, Alicia, and then they kept reading your blog while I did most of the work.)

I am so excited about this weekend!  Juliana is coming home tonight, my parents are coming Sunday and we will break the fast in every delicious manner possible.  But first, Saturday we will plant all our Spring veg in the newly built raised beds in the backyard then take big long naps before we wake everyone up for a midnight Resurrection Liturgy.  I have such sweet memories of giving in to sleep on my mother's lap at midnight service, using her crocheted shawl as a blanket. 

I hope you have a lovely weekend.  Should you need to mess around with fabric, Bianca has started a Quilt Along for the Patchwork Prism quilt as well as gathered up some incentive for playing along!

smack! AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)