Color by number



You guys are so nice! Thank you so much for all the encouragement for my next big ta-da! Wowee! I also learned another friend of sorts will be write there with me. (I'm doing it again, I have a tendency towards the puns, which I either need to embrace or abandon).



Wondering what's up with all the colors? Just a little studio task I checked off the list today (long, long list, speaking of books). These are my home made color chips.



Whenever I design a collection of product, the art is usually turned over to the manufacturer in the form of a digital file on disc. But many times more than one type of factory will be producing the collection so you need to give them a matching system so that all the colors are cohesive in the end. In this particular case, we're coordinating the manufacture of rugs and needlepoint pillows in China with table linens in India. Rather challenging, I must say. Lots of people use the Pantone system, and call out numbers to get it right. I prefer just painting it. Dunno why. Anyway-boring? Oh sorry. Just a little design education and the colors were so pretty and springy I thought I would share. Me and color. I completely trust color.



Well I trust it right up until it reminds me a have a bag of these in the car. Naughty naughty colors that evoke candy! But you know that's what I do when I am very busy! Which reminds me, my Chocolate Lollipop range is up on the Free Spirit site now. So go jot down your favorites and start planning ahead. Overall the images on the site look less intense and bright than they are in real life. All the images here and there around the blog and such are more accurate.

Anyway, g'nite. xoxo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)