Selective Striping



I've been having a bit of a love affair with saffron yellow for a while. I'm dropping it here there and everywhere in my design work and a dash around the house and studio too.



Hey, I said saffron, where'd that pink and lilac come from!? They were hiding. I chose to nudge them out with some thoughtful pleats. That was fun, let's do it again.



Ah, yes a beach-y glass-y green. Pretty.



Peek-a-blue!

I thought of it in my sleep the other night as a clever way treat these fabrics or any nice thick stripes for that matter. It was all I could do to not hop up and light the midnight oil. Actually it was well after 2 am, what do you burn then? Probably just calories. Anyway, just join the same color stripe edge to edge and stitch hiding their non-spotlight color friends in the pleat.

I'm thinking if placed over little girl bellies, you'll know they've been fed if the colors in hiding make an appearance. Some days a material clue that we remembered to feed them would be helpful.

'kay back to work, just had to show ya.

xoxo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)