Coming Down

I'm back. Not all the way back though, you know how that is. I think I might be about a third of the way down that kite string, though gravity and reality are slowly slipping the string through my grip and will soon plant my feet on the ground.

I've got bunches of beach pictures to go through. And I'll do my best to spare you the monotonous cuteness of giggles in waves, etc. There are a few images in my mind of our trip that I don't have a picture of and I've been committing them to memory so I won't forget them. Like the walk my sister and I took one evening after a huge thunderstorm. We got down to the end of the houses on the beach and the light was eerily beautiful, emanating from clouds that someone must have just finished painting with orange and pink and lavender onto the denim gray sky. It was that kind of threatening but glowing light and it made the sea look so dark but the caps on the waves even brighter like someone turned up the contrast. Then it hit us. We saw nothing. Nothing. The houses, people, lights, cars, boats, bikes, surfboards, everything was all behind us and out of view. Only sand, sky, clouds, and ocean all running along side each other to a final point we that couldn't see was in our view. We stood and looked and laughed about how one could believe that you might just fall off the end of it if you kept going. I didn't want to walk anymore, and see something that might ruin the picture in my mind. So we turned around and walked home to our families with the beauty at our backs.

More soon, nice to be home. And thanks for all the sweet anniversary words, it was wonderful. xoxo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)