Peeking Out



Hi, it's me. Everyone still here? Yes, this is a close up of a slightly dusty patio plant. We're just living the come-as-you-are mantra over here lately. You know, summer-ish. No plant dusting before photos falls under that category, fyi. I seem to remember some other rule I made about no flowers on the patio, just greenery this year. Oh well, this is a colored leaf not a flower.



And look at the happy home its bursting out of. I don't know what I would call this. I guess a large flower planter fashioned into a table re-fashioned back in to a planter by letting a flower, erhh-plant, grow out of it. All I did was stack any old empty paint can, block, brick, whatever I could find under the plant's container to get it to the same level as the large planter top edges. Like a toddler stacks books, chairs, boxes and toys to reach cookies. Not like a toddler, I filled in the empty space of the planter with plastic grocery bags, then covered the top in moss. I've had this iron thinger-ma-doogin around for a while and it had a center open spot to poke that flower-like plant through.

I don't know what makes me happier...my plant-y table or the simple fact that I took the time to do it. We spend so much time out on this patio that I've been giving it some more gussying lately. It's been nice to throw my sights and attention more on some things and some people over the past few weeks. I like that days are feeling a little slower. A slow day. Whats that? My work hasn't slowed down, but my attitude has, which is helpful. Work (or as I like to call it) has actually been really fun lately. I've had to do less kinda-okay stuff and more really inspiring and creative stuff. I'll share details soon! But you knew that.



You guys said the nicest things when I asked for blog-break permission. Thanks. Did I do that, ask for permission? Kinda felt like it, in a good way. I tend to mother everything and everyone and I didn't want my dear readers to think I'd forgotten them! If I had a dime for every time I thought 'oooo I wanna show them this, or wait'll I tell em that', well I'd have tons of dimes. So here's the first of the "ooo I wanna show 'em" posts. Hope summer is happy where you are today. xoxo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)