I'd like to make a toast!

Winter.breakfast

I opened my eyes earlier than I wanted to Saturday morning only to see a proud expectant smile on Isabela's sweet bubbly face.

"MaaAAAAooooomy. I made breakfast for you and DaaaaAAAiiddy. Get out of bed and come see! Come on, get up!"

So with equal parts too-tired-to-fight-her-off and how-precious-is-this-? I stumbled out of my warm spot and across my cold wooden floor, into slippers, across the studio, through the dining room and into the bright kitchen. I had to search through squinted eyes for a minute scanning through the previous night's dinner dishes to find this friendly feast awaiting us.

And there they were. Mr. and Mrs. Owlcups with Swiss Miss shoved in their heads and a plate of 7 perfectly toasted slices of bread. As the smile on my mouth formed and before I could breathe out a groggy thank you, she told me she didn't do the cocoa yet becuase she wasn't sure if Mr. and Mrs. Owlcups could go in the microwave.

Raise your cocoa mugs my friends. A toast: To darling children who want to make us breakfast and to young women everywhere who have respect for dishware.

Cheers, xoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)