Photography on the fly

convincing sun yellow

Remember Sun-In for your hair? Man I wanted to use that stuff but my mom would never let me. I was thinking of that as I was painting a wall in the living room this weekend (in a color called Sparkler, which I think is a Glidden color but I had it made with a Behr paint, cause I don't like Glidden paint, but sometimes I choose a random color that's not Behr, but anyway). The color reminds me of sunlight. And very, very light for a girl like me who likes deeper colors, but I dunno, you know, I can do something different. On one wall, anyway. Oh and I'm getting a vintage sofa covered in that swatch thats hanging on the ladder up there.

warm

As we do about every month, we hosted an uninvited and very terrified bird for a while yesterday (wasn't I just rambling about birds? Is the inspiration more clear to you now?) These little wrens get into the house a lot, I never know how. We had a mother on the patio last spring who the kids affectionately called Tweety. We watched her bring worms for the new babies and I even got some really good photos of the tiny little ugly things. But you never saw those cause, well, they were really ugly. Cute ugly, I guess. Five of them. We watched them learn to fly in the patio, the littlest one always gripping the screens and falling. The biggest challenge was keeping Leo away from them. He means well with his playful curiosity but that can get ugly real fast, especially when the kids are watching. Everyone is sure this is one of her spawn. Look at her up there, I totally tricked her with the leaf silhouette in this painting. Thats close little birdie, but not quite.

warmer

Oh you are a smart little birdie! Very good! But those are fake. Stay there for just a sec though you look perfect on those branches. How much does it cost to stuff a wren? (I am totally kidding I couldn't kill a bird. That's Leo's job.)

almost there

Yes, follow the light! Good thinking!

her birdie birdie

No not the closet!! Especially that closet, man I've been lost in their for days myself just trying to find one shoe. Come on, whistle whistle whistle, come on little birdie!

escape plan

Quick Juliana! You take the screen off the window while I overexpose the photo! Okay, everyone! Whistle! (Eleni's lips trip on one another as she tries to whistle and she resorts to high-pitched "hoo-hoo" ing.)

Need my help?

I'm here, whadya need? Whadya need?
No Leo! Not you! Isabela go secure the dog, he looks hungry!

No birdie, the open window!

The other window birdie!

The above photo looks more cruel than it is. It was really a gentle nudge with the broom and not a whack, I promise. She was a smart bird (possible?). Once the dog was out of the way she found the other window after only a few low fly-overs that made us all scream and giggle.

And no one even got bird poop in their hair. Which would have been just as pretty as Sun-In.

That was a fun five minutes.

have a good monday, xoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)