Involuntary Motion

skate.1

skate.2

skate.3

Some things I might have blogged these past few weeks:

:*: Isabela welcomed 7 with ice skates on and sugar cookies cut in the shape of 7s instead of cake. So clever is she. I spent time making a babydoll bed and doll quilt for two little stuffed deer as her gift. The stuffed deer were given in lieu of the real motherless pair we continue to see munching clover under our trees.

:*: Martha sent me a thank you gift for sharing the stage with her in San Antonio comprised of a huge whisk, red and white dish towels, a lovely ceramic mixing bowl, number cookie-cutters and her Cookie book. (7-shaped cookies make sense now?)

:*: I decided to rest every time I got tired.

:*: During one of those afternoon easy-does-its, I heard the rhythm of our basketball being pounded into the asphalt which triggered a little kick in my heart to go swish a few with whoever was out there. I haven't felt that kick since I was about 11. I let Joseph spell HORSE with precisely 4 o's.

:*: I hosted supperclub like last year only this time all the husbands and children came too which amounted to nearly 50 people and great fun.

:*: I flew to Cleveland to tape a segment of Quilting Arts TV and enjoyed the company of my pal Melissa who was doing the same. I got to talk about color for nearly 10 minutes and everyone actually wanted me to. That was fun. (Airing in December, I think.)

:*: Allie was on vacation for a week and I'm never letting her do that again (kidding). I did not know that I moved at the speed of at least two people until I was one people again.

:*: Last night, we sat atop a very very high and luscious green hill in a grassy clearing overlooking a breathtaking view of our home town. Cicadas, crickets, sparrows, frogs and a few bats all sang summer off while my love and I inhaled togetherness and watched the grey evening sky become sapphire.


Just in case you were wondering. Thanks for the sweet hope-you're-okay emails.
better than ever here, Anna Maria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)