One Slick Mama

new.oilcloth.1

YAY!

For those of you waiting on the new oilcloths to be available I think these images speak for themselves! But I should add that they really JUST showed up on my front door step, and are located right next to the flip flops, empty boxes, baby jogger, and leaning against that spot of the house where the kids wrote 'WELCOM' in sidewalk-chalk (which should not to be confused with on-the front-of-house-chalk, of course).

new.oilcloth.2

With my iddybit of sample yardage that we got a few weeks ago, we promptly whipped up two Multi-taskers and lined them each in the new oilcloths. I also made a two-sided changing pad (top pic), cotton fabric on one side, oilcloth on the other and quilt batting in the center. Simple. This could be an obvious detail, but when a change is particularly stinky- its quite convenient to use the slick, wipe-able side of the pad. Right. You knew that. Oh I also will be making a splat mat here soon since the little mr. is almost ready for high chair. (how is it time just goes by like that. weird.)

oilcloths.fall.09

Some people call these laminates, but that makes me think of medical things, so I like saying oilcloth. Sue me.

We should have pre-cuts available in the shop by tomorrow afternoon.

Double-YAY!

more little folks coming soon!

EDITED TO ADD: We won't have the oilcloths in the shop until this afternoon (friday oct. 30th), and they'll be located in the Fabric Stacks section (if you're on the mailing list, you'll get an email). BUT my friends at purlsoho and fabricworm already have some ready to roll. Any other retailers that have it ready please post your link in the comments! Thanks everyone, and have fun!

DOUBLEDOG EDITED to ADD: I have been asked this so many times and have finally gotten my original hunch (and hopes) confirmed by Westminster: Our oilcloths/laminated cottons are PU coated, as in Polyurethane. (They do not contain phthalate, are not made of vinyl or pvc.) I'll try to remember to add this to my faq page...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)