Voile-Ahh! Little Folks


Finally here. Oh joy. Here for you today are up-close views and some words about my palette inspirations for my Little Folks collection. (There are other members of this fabric family that we'll meet later this week.)

Little Folks prints and the solids included in each palette are printed on the softest 55" cotton voile, and have a beautiful hand, high thread count, gorgeous drape and sew up in the most buttery-soft way you can imagine. I'll have more to say about the qualities and performance of these fabrics in the coming days as I share the rest of the collection and project ideas.

The images in the slideshows below represent about 5x5" of fabric so you can see they are on a much smaller scale than typical for me. The scale makes the fabrics so wonderuflly ideal for small patchwork, many applications of clothing for little ones and adults and I've just begun the sewing. While the artwork carries forth alot of my musings from Good Folks, I relished in designing intimately and small like this and it was a refreshing change. It just felt sweet and precious, but gutsy and fun too. Not unlike a boisterous baby, I imagine. Small but undeniably there.

Speaking of, Roman also agreed to make an appearance today. I know that 98% of you are usually here for baby pictures, so I don't want to disappoint. The pillows he's rolling around on were made by my mom and displayed in my Quilt Market booth to show off the 3 palettes- Sugar Cookie, Moonlight & Playground. Enjoy!

(These fabrics should be available for purchase next month, so you can be sure I will do a giveaway then!)

sugar.cookie.pillow

SUGAR COOKIE palette : baby smells, flower petals, gum drops, red hots, and construction paper

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


moonlight.pillow

MOONLIGHT palette : camp outs, stars, visits to the pond, lavender bouquets, graphite drawings

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


playground.pillow

PLAYGROUND palette : swing sets, new shoes, t-shirts, fresh grass, buttered toast, best friends

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer




xo,AnnaMaria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)