Quilt Market, Fall 2009

booth.1

So had you walked by, here is what you would have seen. At a glance, I'll run through and give you some words for all of this from the scenic view, then I hope to get down to nitty gritty and share a slideshow of the fabric collections, patterns, project inspirations and so on in the coming days. Flowers above from my favorite place to buy flowers (and candy) in Houston~ Central Market.

booth.2

This is a new/old couch that belonged to Jeff's grandma. I think she would have liked it like this-trust me. The coverlet on the wall is simply patched squares, turned on point, insulated with one single layer of muslin in the center, backed with more voile and hand tied at the corners of each square (thanks to my mom). Makes a lovely lighter-weight option for warm weather or layered with other snuggly items for cooler weather. In the back ground you see two of the three upcoming new sewing patterns.

booth.3

This is the cozy corner. A poster of Roman +flannel fabric was an easy pull into the booth.

booth.7

And the 3rd of the upcoming sewing patterns~a variation of which I am sure you might recognize if you read here often.

booth.4

And a full view of the charming twists and turns I shared here recently. Its a pillow. Of course. This pillow represents the 6 solid shades that I've chosen to mix in with my Little Folks printed cotton voile collection. I am having loads of fun having these to work with-note the empire dress in the previous picture.,

booth.5

And playing a supporting role in the Little Folks collection are the cotton dobby dot prints. You can really see the nubby-fun texture in this photo. The dobby dots are soooo fun and old-timey. They are comprised of four of those "square dance" prints and 8 colors of the "pastry line" stripe. Can't wait to give you the slideshows of all these!

booth.6

This is me holding a buyer captive and pontificating on the wonders of voile, dobby dot, flannels, and laminates. She agreed with everything. Or maybe she just wanted to leave as quickly as possible and that was the smartest way out. Just nod and say yes, thats what I do when I want out of a conversation. Oh dear. Why do I stand like that?

booth.9

And my faithful employees, Allie and Juliana, trying to be as cute as Roman, which apprarently made me laugh the camera into one shaky blurry photo after another, dernit.

booth.8

OH. Not making me laugh was the charming Brandon Mably trying to flatter Allie's gorgeous locks into modeling for he and Kaffe. They're always looking for redheaded models he told her, blah, blah, blah. Oh he looks nice enough. Those locks are mine, mine!

booth.10

And she is faithful because I pout. And I feed her too.

Okay hopefully this makes you feel like you came along a bit. I am really, really so extremely tired once we get the booth up (which isn't even possible without my loving (and strong) husband) and then its a matter of being excited to talk about everything to the point of more exhaustion and never enough good photos, I am afraid. And trust me I do not tire easily, but booths-ahh so tiring. Thank goodness for several online pals who insist upon being really good at reporting!

More soon with up close and personal details of the new fabrics and patterns!

xoxo, AnnaMaria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)