In the White Room

white.room

It is getting pretty exciting up there in the attic/studio. Still don't know what to call this room. We already have a room called "studio" and saying something like "upper studio" sounds, uhh, kinda lame. Any ideas? I have a feeling we might just call it "upstairs" since this is really the only room we have that is up.

I have never paid anyone to paint for me in my whole entire life. But my builders have this groovy airless sprayer and they can cover the whole room in about 90min. There are so many, many nooks and crannies and shelves and drawers and trims and such that it would really take me an entire day to give the room one coat. So I decided to give in this time.

The color is called "Glass of Milk" and its one of Martha's colors for Home Depot. Have you guys used her cute little color swatch cards? They are a nice large swatch, and a narrow strip of the top and bottom both fold over the main color to reveal a color suggestion for ceiling and trim. Its really quite helpful and made me want to build a dollhouse out of them. Thanks girl. I'm using all the same color for walls and ceiling, just changing from eggshell to semi-gloss when it goes from drywall to wood. But I am taking Martha's (or some smart color person that works with Martha) suggestion for trim, but using it for the floor. It's called Macadamia Nut. Darker white, but still clean and nutty.

Phew. I think I will be moving in by the end of the week!!! I can hardly wait. In the grand scheme of things 6weeks isn't that long, but it feels like forever since we started.

More details and photos to come! xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)