Where I stack beautiful things into pretty piles to wait for me

pretty.plans

Oh wow. Its been such a several days. Busy work, busy remodel, busy family, busy heart, lots going on. Looking at this image that I took a few days ago as I was making lofty hand work plans helps me find a little order and peace today.

I've been wanting to share more attic photos, though we are in the slow (boring) stages of drywall and its been so dark and rainy especially with the windows boarded up until the real windows get here (fingers crossed behind my back for tomorrow). I have piles of boxes everywhere that would normally be stored upstairs as well as lots of drawers and such to put together that will get built into the walls for storage up there. Yea, so, btw, one of many things that I've been able to figure out about doing built-in wall shelving, drawers, etc, underneath slanted ceiling lines is this: buy ready-made drawer or shelf units and have your contractor just set them into the underneath space then build out to look built in....it actually saves money and time. There are some places in the new studio where what I need is a little more custom-ish, so I'll get them to custom-ish-ize those (as in bigger bucks spent) but, man, I loved searching through the home office section of the Home Decorators site to find units. It was so oddly satisfying. I don't know how much fun Jeff has had putting them together so far, but..... well, time and money, time and money.

This'll make more sense later when I can show ya. Pinky promise. I'm all out of cute phalanges references.

Anyway, who else has succumbed to the vexing ways of the Liberty rainbow? This little stack of gorgeousness will be the first plop down of all plop downs once that room is ready to inhabit. I dream about getting to know it better with a cup of coffee and perhaps a cozy chair in my new, old, attic hideaway.

smooches, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)