Winter Lifting

woven.seat.stitched skirt

The Wintery, clouded-sky forecast I gave in my last post has given way to an almost-Spring day today. So rather than squeezing ourselves up against a window to let a glimmer of light on my latest little stitch-up, my skirt beneficiary enjoyed an outdoor visit with Leo. I used the Flirting the Issue skirt pattern to make this for Isabela, which I've been itching to do ever since we received some new solid voile colors.

sporting.the.skirt

Since the skirt is already lined, it was easy enough to let a little of the lining color peek out from underneath by making it about an 1 1/2 " longer. The running stitches, using the perle cotton, are really so simple and you can see that despite my imperfect stitches (sorry, we were watching Winter's Bone which was, uhh chilling, and so good) the effect of the concentric stripes is so pretty.

running.away

I love it so much. So does Bela. I like the optimistic little peek of pink under the heavier midnight layer.

winter.lifting

Its just how Winter seemed to lift off of us a bit today. Almost there, Spring, wait up!

xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)