Painting Party

painted.cake
paint.palette.cake
elenis.fabric

So I'm a little proud of this, when you consider birthday cake situations I have suffered in the past. (But thankfully barely recovered from.) My sweet Eleni turns 8 today. Pffufff. The time. She do pass us by. Eleni has invited a pair of friends to come home on the bus with her today. And together with her sister we're going to have a painting party. It was Isabela's (secret) idea to make Eleni a paint palette cake. Genius. Thank you Isabela. Talk about an easy design to execute! I did get a little fancy with her name on the side of the cake, but I was staring down at a plate full of beautifully colorful paints, erhhh icing plops. I had to do something besides eat them. So I painted on the side with a butter knife. And with "painterly" as the theme, I allowed myself not to worry about perfection. One helpful tip: etching her name in the white frosting with a toothpick first. Anyway, I think now I need to buy pretzel rods and black licorice strings so that I can maybe fashion a paintbrush (dipped in a icing color of course).

Now that Eleni is 8, we also decided it was high time she begin her fabric designing career. She drew out the design with markers (I had no idea she actually wanted birthday fabric, but how sweet). We scanned it, I redrew it digitally, as close to her hand as possible, and we sent to it Spoonflower. Thanks Spoonfower. Anyway. After the girls do some painting today everyone is going to make their own personal homemade pizzas. So I am thinking I will whip up some little aprons out of the fabric for them, so they'll all have a party favor to keep and remember the fun.

Better get to it.
Please don't be impressed.
Eleni asked for her own fabric for her 7th birthday.
Yea.
And I ate the colorful icing plops too.
I am afraid to look at the color of my mouth right now.
Over and out.
And Happy Birthday to my beautiful girl.
xoxo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)