Pardon me while I adore some material things

loulouthi.velveteen
If I were to only ever go on about love of family, or admiration for the act of pulling needle and thread through fabric I might misrepresent myself. There are actual things, you know as in they don't speak or hug .... (or do they?)... but things, that make me happy. Anyway, this week feels like a bonus week. Like another MrsPacman appeared on the screen and told me to keep playing (did you know I held the high score at the local roller skating rink in the 6th grade for like 3 weeks? Why do I put such information in question form, as though there is a chance you would know?) Back to my bonus round. Juliana was meant to be boarding her flight back to school right about this very minute. But a few days ago she decided ohhhh, let's just switch it to Thursday. So we did, and that was great, though it cost me a little to switch it (I would spend an embarrassingly dumb amount to have her for an extra hour.) Yesterday when all the other kids were off to their schools and Juliana and I had the house to ourselves, we were tucked into the upstairs studio tooling away at some projects together. "Maybe I should stay until Saturday, there's no real reason to be there earlier than Saturday." (Out of her view I was nodding, nodding, fist pumping, nodding, obnoxious.)

"Oh, okay, honey, whatever you think."

So yes, this is my bonus round.
But with my brain, I already anticipate needing something to look forward to after Saturday comes. I start making a mental stack. Of things. Lovely things, but very likely they would fall into the distraction category. But with this new year upon us... I am looking forward to so much. I thought I would share these morsels with you over the next several days. Distractions anyone?

(Yay! Its almost as good as my my white patch Levi's being clean AND I've saved enough allowance to get into the roller rink and defend my high score.)

I don't have to look forward to today's thing, because it's already here! These velveteens remind me why I love my work so much. They are definitely a favorite. And really they feel like the type of design work that I hold myself back from a little bit, so as not to go overboard. Well, I am gladly swimming in these, without a lifesaver.

I hope you love them as much as I do. I wrote up a little ditty about working with velveteens over here a ways back.

Up next, wool tapestries!
xoxo, AnnaMaria
(Who does realize that blathering on about one more week with my daughter at home is somewhat similar to talking about love of family. I'm sorry. It slipped.)
(Who also realizes that there are many people who would just say, look the velveteens are available, enjoy them. I'm sorry I can't do that.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)