Postcards:: day two

sewing.commune
After having mostly set up and making introductions last night, we got to lots and lots of sewing today. All the women participating brought along really really great projects to work on, along with extremely inspiring attitudes about wanting to learn new things. A really lovely bunch this one. But if the sewing was in the least bit taxing.....
poolside.stitching
One could walk just a few feet outdoors and sit by the pool. I was not taxed, but rather had a break with a swim, a delicious jicama salad, and some embroidery. Followed by some wonderful conversation with an FBI agent. Who is one of our gorgeous weekend students. I know, right? I am secretly very jealous of her profession. I fancy myself an unofficial (but could have been a really good one) crime fighter. Really truly would have been a second career choice. Ha. I love remembering things about myself that I forgot.
dessert.princess
And this edible distraction, was quite cared for by her mommy (Heather), daddy, and uncle who all took turns shading her with a towel for a poolside nap. Ah to have such abandon.

My honey took a hike. Like all the way up the highest peek outside Palm Springs. After he had been gone for about 10 hours, I got a text with a phrase that resembled: "lots of snow and wind, almost got blown into the Pacific".......(pause, pause) and I got like nothing more for at least 30 minutes. But he made it back and snoozing away. An entirely different sort of challenge than my day. But so good for both of us.

xoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)