Kindness Time



Thank you, Catherine. Thank you so much for the beautiful shawl you sent to me. Seeing as how its almost 100 degrees outside, my bed and a living room chair are currently fighting over who gets to wear this beautiful creation of yours. However, the chill blowing through the vents some evenings is just enough to warrant a little snuggle with your gift as I read. Thank you so much.



I have no idea what I did to deserve this, but sweet Catherine of Canada reads my blog and thought I would enjoy it. Not only that but she made it just for me, and even asked for my color choices before she started. I only accepted because its obvious she takes so much pleasure in knitting and in giving. How precious is that? A virtual stranger and so much kindness. When I look at it I think of this person in my mind sitting and knitting it for me. She gave me all that time. I wanna be kind. I made a pillow the other day for my neighbor that I've been wanting to make for a year. A year! Her daughter came to the rescue with their own pillow to rest Juliana's broken arm on while they waited for me to rush home last spring. The pillow got left at the ER and we were unable to retrieve it later. So I was really just replacing something more than I was being kind.

Anyway. I have some kindness to catch up on. To a friend who has a newborn I've yet to visit, to friends I haven't talked to in a while, to my children who need to be read to a bit more, and lots of other deserving souls. I'm taking a little blog break friends. Not too long, maybe a week or two. I'm so happy to have this place where some really sweet relationships can happen. Thank you for that.

Relax and be kind to yourself and others and I'll meet you back here soon, xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)