Portraits of Self and Self-Portraits



I had to enlist my favorite photographer again for some new images to give to a German patchwork magazine. She had me laughing the entire time but managed to get what is likely a more accurate portrait. Yes, my hair keeps getting shorter and weirder. We can thank Juliana for that too.



Above is a self-portrait of sorts that I made before I could round her up to do one in the traditional means. It was a fun experiment though to compose something of yourself without yourself. Of course I did cheat a bit including a painted self-portrait I made about 5 years ago. But that's telling too.



If I got one thing pounded into my art brain in high school and college its that one can never do too many self-portraits. Juliana may have gotten the real me through snorting, giggling and tearing up, causing me to slide out of view. It's good though to imagine yourself every now and then too, I guess. Which I think I do almost daily here, as it turns out.

xo,Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)