Background

background

A weekend full of figuring out this new thing has been just intriguing. That's the best word I can come up with. I'm intrigued. I've had the apparently unfortunate situation for years of knowing fully how to use what I have. And now, well that's just not how it is, ever since Friday when I almost kissed the DHL guy. There are so many new variables, that I don't know what to play with first all the while trying to recommit certain photo knowledge to memory. I have a few magazine deadlines coming up for spring and summer features next year, so Juliana and I were feeling brave enough to try out the new camera for the headshots. This is my favorite one. Which pretty much sums up how that went. I honestly have never wanted to be in the background more than I did today. I felt much more like being the brain and not the face. I wanted to be the one behind the camera pushing buttons, adjusting white balance and changing Fstops. Every now and then I made Juliana jump in my spot just so I could see the set up and fidget with a few things then we'd switch again. She was incredibly patient with me switching shirts 4 times. When she got annoyed she'd just focus on something else. Obviously. More soon. I was very close to switching back to the ole point and shoot. But didn't give in. Lots to do this week as I'll be headed to Quilt Market on Thursday for a few days, but I'll try to stick my nose in here one more time before I go.
Hope you had a sunny weekend or at least a welcome rain. xoxoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)